Newark, New Jersey
- Design/Build Development for the Newark Housing Authority
- Over 500 town-house style and garden apartment units with community center amenities
- Designated Developer for six (6) projects over ten (10) years
- Completed between 1997 and 2009
- Financed construction via private banks and government agencies
Beginning in 1997, the Claremont Companies was named designated developer for the Newark Housing Authority’s federally mandated replacement housing requirements. Claremont successfully responded to six different RFQs and completed over 500 units over a ten year period. As designated developer, Claremont provided the construction financing through its relationship banks and government agencies with a forward sale take-out to the Housing Authority upon completion.